Friday, November 7, 2008

Random Thoughts I Think I Thought- 11/07

- Congratulations to President-Elect Barack Obama. I may not agree with some of his policies, but the fact is that he is the person in charge of our country. Because of that, I think it is important that, whether you like him or not, to accept this and more importantly, submit and pray to God for him that he makes good, Godly decisions. And with that, I go back to not caring much about politics. Thankfully, by the way.

- I can't be more excited for Michigan State football right now. Worst case scenario, we're remembering the Alamo in the Outback bowl. And we still have a shot to go to the Rose Bowl (and get the opportunity to be blown out by USC). How many people would have called that? I didn't. I would have been happy with barely getting into the Outback bowl, or simply back to the Champs Sports Bowl.

- Along with that, look at some of the stereotypes that MSU football has started to change. Since we got blown out by Ohio State, we've won a road game against a rival we haven't beaten in 7 years. We've had two 4th quarter comebacks. We've won a game we were severely outplayed in. It's a good feeling.

- Speaking of MSU sports, it's hard to complain when MSU's basketball team beats up on Northern Michigan. They won by 61 points! 61! Hard to find complaints in a game like that, but it is hard to tell what your team is like after just Northern Michigan. We shall see, we shall see.

- Lots of interesting conversations I've had over the last few weeks. I've debated the most important topics: most influential bands, best Bond movies, most influential video games, why I love sports, sense of humor. As I said, the most important topics. Some of them I should probably comment on in this blog, but we'll have to wait and see.

- Finally, just more evidence that God provides. After a rough day in my chemistry lab, I was overwhelmed. I had so much stuff to do and I wasn't really confident after some interesting mishaps in the lab. That was, until I saw a letter on my desk. I never get mail, and it didn't look like spam. So I open it up, and there is a little card signed by my church's youth group back home. Never expected it, but it was what I needed. Even in doubt, God cares and provides.

No comments: