Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Near Tragic Loss

At approximately 1:00 AM this morning, a great tragedy happened. Something dear to me had a shelf of books fall upon it. After a massive cleanup project, what once appeared lost turned out to be able to be fixed with a little bit of glue. What was this object, you ask? My first fantasy football championship trophy.

Okay, so I'm sure that some of you are probably thinking, "Danny, you are going crazy now. It's only a trophy for fantasy football." And you are right in this, I definitely over exaggerated the preciousness of this trophy. However, I'd be lying if it was no deal at all. I'm sure some of you will be shocked to hear that I am not very good at sports at all. I never had that many chances to win a trophy. And yes, I do take great pride in my fantasy football exploits. So, yeah, it was a little frightening to see it crash (not quite as frightening as, I don't know, waking up to here a huge crash, realizing that a shelf had fallen from my bookshelf, but frightening nonetheless).

Well, that's all I got for today. Until next time.

1 comment:

thinkcarpediem said...

no, it was definitively a valuable item, not worth as much as the life of someone in a country we've never heard of, but worth quite a bit :D

and it made me go "Awwww" when I read your blog.

I know how you feel. I feel that way about a few things.

so, i'm glad it's ok.