Friday, August 15, 2008

Lessons From Summer

It's kinda funny. I did a lot of stuff at work. I accomplished quite a bit at home. Yet, if I were to sum up basically everything I learned this summer, it would be a simple sentence, that I believe to be completely true.

It is better to do nothing in the company of friends than to be doing the greatest things in the world with no one around to enjoy them.

It's a little ironic, don't you think? Especially considering that I have friends that want to know some of the things that happen at work. But the thing is, instead of talking about my job and some of the misadventures there, I'd much rather talk about spending an afternoon with my friend Ben, laughing at the most random things (like Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan). Or I could talk the hours I spent working on blogs, or just random new insights I gained. But, I'd probably not mention those and talk about singing "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay" with my friend John, and having people look at me like I'm crazy (correction: more crazy than usual).

It took me a summer where a lot of the time where I was alone, but I was reminded the value of friendship. Good thing too, because school is about to start. After all, seeing all types of people will eventually cause me go back to my more normal, somewhat shy self and wondering why all these people are bothering me because I need a moment's peace!



Completely unrelated announcements to this topic but need to be brought up.
1) I'm going to work real hard and doing updates weekly. Why? Football season is starting, school is in full force, which means I should have a lot more to talk about.
2) I now have a facebook group called "People who read All About 42 or just want to join another facebook group"
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?info&gid=27150146510#/group.php?gid=27150146510

No comments: